Winter 2017 64-Hour Health Care Interpreter (HCI) Training
thank you for being a part of our training program! you were a wonderful class. best wishes in your pursuit of professional interpreting! If you ever need anything, just call or email us at email@example.com / 503-893-9660.
also, consider enrolling in one of continuing education or exam prep courses, more info below:
the spring class is now open for registration: www.ohcia.org/2017spring
News for interpreter skill building, Saturday, march 11th:
Things to Know:
- If you would like, bring food for the potluck! Please arrive by 8 AM to set up, and bring food finger that can stay at room temperature.
- The job fair will be happening during lunch.
- We will be filming a promotional video for the film throughout the day.
- We will be in the 1st floor auditorium the remainder of the course! Expect a better acoustic experience.
- Arrive by 8:10 AM to check in (especially if you need to pay). Students showing up late may be turned away.
- Dr. Juan Gutierrez Sanin from the National Institute for Coordinated Healthcare will be instructing.
- Scroll below for PowerPoints and handouts.
- If you haven't paid yet, bring a debit or credit card.
- Bring a lunch, or $$ for the OHSU cafeteria (ten minute walk).
- Plan to stay until 5:30 PM.
- No coffee will be provided this module (please make time to pick up some beforehand). A limited amount of pastries will be provided.
- Get ready for an exciting class!
Toc Soneoulay-Gillespie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
interpreter volunteer opportunities
Clackamas Volunteers in Medicine (The Founder's Clinic) - Oregon City
Dayna Velasco - 503-722-4400 - email@example.com
OHSU - Portland
503-418-5376 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Southwest Community Health Center
Cecily Peterson - 503-977-0733 - email@example.com
Voz Workers' Rights Education Project
Celestina Nuñez - 503-233-6787 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wallace Medical Concern
Court Interpreter certification information
HEALTH CARE INTERPRETER CODE OF ETHICS MATERIALS
Office of Equity and Inclusion Contact Information
General Email: email@example.com
Kweku Wilson - HCI Learning Collaborative Coordinator
CCHI Medical Glossaries (your email sign up is required)
insurance for interpreters
These are some links to insurance options:
interpreter agencies in Oregon
Below is a list of agencies. Each agency will have its own standards and requirements for working with them. This is not a complete list, so there may be some agency names missing.