Winter 2017: OHCIA 64 Hour Health Care Interpreter Training
Perfect for Both New and Experienced Interpreters!
Modular format means you can enroll anytime!
Space still available!
THis 64 hour program, conveniently split into 8 classes on saturdays, offers an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of health care interpreting.
- Interactive, relevant, fun learning approach!
- Role playing based instruction of interpreter fundamentals
- Medical terminology learning for interpreting
- Practice with difficult ethical scenarios
- Memory skills practice
- Mental health interpreting scenarios
WINTER 2017 SCHEDULE
Introduction to Health Care Interpreting I - Saturday, January 21st, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Introduction to Health Care Interpreting II - Saturday, January 28th, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Health Care Interpreting Ethics - Saturday, February 4th, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Anatomy & Physiology for Interpreting - Saturday, February 11th, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Medical Terminology for Interpreting I - Saturday, February 18th, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Advanced Health Care Interpreting Concepts - Saturday, February 25th, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Medical Terminology for Interpreting II - Saturday, March 4th, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Interpreter Skill Building - Saturday, March 11th, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
$40 per 8-hour module (register for one or all eight modules, repeat offerings in spring, summer and fall)
requirements to apply:
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent
- Advanced-mid oral language proficiency in English and in the language(s) you interpret (estimate your language proficiency here).