FALL 2018: OHCIA 60-Hour Health Care Interpreter Training
Perfect for Both New and Experienced Interpreters!
... will allow you to get the necessary credentials to be part of a healthcare team!
FALL 2018 SCHEDULE
Saturdays beginning SEPTEMBER 29, 2018 and ending deceMBER 15, 2018
Class Times: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
OHSU School of Nursing, 1st floor auditorium
(3455 SW Veterans Hospital Rd. Portland, OR 97239)
The course is taught by experienced and Certified Interpreter, Svetlana Ruth.
- Module 1: Introduction to Health Care Interpreting and Medical Terminology - Saturday, September 29, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Module 2: Musculoskeletal System / Fundamentals of Message Conversion - Saturday, October 6, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Module 3: Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems / Developing Memory Skills - Saturday, October 13, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Module 4: Nervous and Integumentary Systems / Basic Sight Translation - Saturday, October 20, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Module 5: Health Care Interpreting Ethics I - Saturday, October 27, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Module 6: Ethics II / Endocrine & Lymphatic Systems - Saturday, November 3, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- NO CLASS - Saturday, November 10 (Veterans Day weekend)
- Module 7: Digestive & Teeth / Interpreting Equivalence - Saturday, November 17, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- NO CLASS - Saturday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Day weekend)
- Module 8: Reproductive & Urinary Systems / Cultural Awareness - Saturday, December 1, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Module 9: Ears, Nose, Throat, Vision and Teeth / Advanced Interpreting Skills - Saturday, December 8, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Module 10: Advanced Health Care Interpreting – Final Exam - Saturday, December 15, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
make sure you review training details, terms and conditions, language proficiency pre-requisite (oregon health authority language requirement) and scholarship opportunities before completing registration.
INTERESTED IN UPCOMING - 60 HOUR HEALTH CARE INTERPRETER TRAINING?
Submit your contact information below to be notified of our future classes.
*This does not guarantee a spot.