Spring 2018: OHCIA 64-Hour Health Care Interpreter Training
Perfect for Both New and Experienced Interpreters!
... will allow you to get the necessary credentials to be part of a healthcare team!
Spring 2018 SCHEDULE
Saturdays beginning April 7, 2018 and ending June 2, 2018
Class Times: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
OHSU School of Nursing, 1st floor auditorium
(3455 SW Veterans Hospital Rd. Portland, OR 97239)
The course is taught by experienced and Certified Interpreter, Svetlana Ruth.
- Module 1: Introduction to Health Care Interpreting I - Saturday, April 7, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 2: Medical Terminology for Interpreting I - Saturday, April 14, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 3: Medical Terminology for Interpreting II- Saturday, April 21, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 4: Overview of Anatomy & Physiology I - Saturday, April 28, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 5: Health Care Interpreting Ethics - Saturday, May 5, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 6: Overview of Anatomy & Physiology II - Saturday, May 12, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 7: Advanced Health Care Interpreting I - Saturday, May 19, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Memorial Day Weekend - Saturday, May 26 (No class)
- Module 8: Advanced Health Care Interpreting II, and Final Exam - Saturday, June 2, 8:30 AM to 5: 30 PM
make sure you review training details, terms and conditions, language proficiency pre-requisite (oregon health authority language requirement) and scholarship opportunities before completing registration.
Thanks to everyone that added their names to our exclusive notification list and that has already registered, while we worked on some logistics to officially open registration for our Spring Health Care Interpreter Training.
We are pleased to announce that we still have some spots available, but hurry and register soon, because the space is very limited. Classes start next Saturday, April 7th at 8:30 am.
If you can’t attend our Spring Training, and to be one of the first to know about our Summer Training, please click the button below and complete the form!