Summer 2018: OHCIA 64-Hour Health Care Interpreter Training
Perfect for Both New and Experienced Interpreters!
... will allow you to get the necessary credentials to be part of a healthcare team!
Summer 2018 SCHEDULE
Saturdays beginning july 14, 2018 and ending SEPTEMBER 15, 2018
Class Times: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
OHSU School of Nursing, 1st floor auditorium
(3455 SW Veterans Hospital Rd. Portland, OR 97239)
The course is taught by experienced and Certified Interpreter, Mary Soots.
- Module 1: Introduction to Health Care Interpreting I - Saturday, July 14, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 2: Medical Terminology for Interpreting I - Saturday, July 21, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 3: Medical Terminology for Interpreting II- Saturday, July 28, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 4: Overview of Anatomy & Physiology I - Saturday, August 4, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 6: Health Care Interpreting Ethics - Saturday, August 11, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 5: Overview of Anatomy & Physiology II - Saturday, August 18, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- 6th ANNUAL OHCIA CONFERENCE - Saturday, August 25, 8 AM to 5 PM (no class)
- Module 7: Advanced Health Care Interpreting I - Saturday, September 8, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 8: Advanced Health Care Interpreting II, and Final Exam - Saturday, September 15, 8:30 AM to 5: 30 PM
make sure you review training details, terms and conditions, language proficiency pre-requisite (oregon health authority language requirement) and scholarship opportunities before completing registration.
INTERESTED IN THE FALL 2018 - 60 HOUR HEALTH CARE INTERPRETER TRAINING?
Dates: Saturday, September 29 to December 15, 2018.
Submit your contact information on the link below, to be part of our exclusive notification list and we will notify you before we publicly announce it.
*This notification list does not guarantee a spot for the fall training.