Summer 2018: OHCIA 64-Hour Health Care Interpreter Training
Perfect for Both New and Experienced Interpreters!
... will allow you to get the necessary credentials to be part of a healthcare team!
Summer 2018 SCHEDULE
Saturdays beginning july 14, 2018 and ending SEPTEMBER 8, 2018
Class Times: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
OHSU School of Nursing, 1st floor auditorium
(3455 SW Veterans Hospital Rd. Portland, OR 97239)
The course is taught by experienced and Certified Interpreter, Mary Soots.
- Module 1: Introduction to Health Care Interpreting I - Saturday, July 14, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 2: Medical Terminology for Interpreting I - Saturday, July 21, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 3: Medical Terminology for Interpreting II- Saturday, July 28, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 4: Overview of Anatomy & Physiology I - Saturday, August 4, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 5: Overview of Anatomy & Physiology II - Saturday, August 11, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 6: Health Care Interpreting Ethics - Saturday, August 18, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- 6th ANNUAL OHCIA CONFERENCE - Saturday, August 25, 8 AM to 5 PM (no class)
- Module 7: Advanced Health Care Interpreting I - Saturday, September 1, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Module 8: Advanced Health Care Interpreting II, and Final Exam - Saturday, September 8, 8:30 AM to 5: 30 PM
make sure you review training details, terms and conditions, language proficiency pre-requisite (oregon health authority language requirement) and scholarship opportunities before completing registration.